Get information about items in your inventory such as recipes and mod details much faster with the functions implemented by Just Enough Items Mod.
Supported minecraft versions1.12.2 1.12.1 1.12 1.11.2 1.10.2 1.9.4 1.8.9
Table of contents
Just Enough Items (JEI) Mod Review
Just Enough Items Mod (JEI) is a mod that delivers a function similar to that of two previously released mods which are Not Enough Items and Too Many Items mod. What the mod does is provide you with a quicker way to view information about the items in your inventory. But despite having a similar purpose as the other two mentioned mods, more players are still choosing to download and install Just Enough Items. The reason behind this is quite simple. The newer mod is much simpler and easier to use. It is also more stable so it does not have an impact on the performance of the game.
Just Enough Items Mod eliminates the need to go through various menus and screens to get vital details about the item being viewed. With the mod, you can easily view the recipe needed to craft the item. It shows you not just the ingredients but also how these should be arranged in the crafting grid. Some items have multiple crafting recipes that can produce different amounts of that particular element. These recipe variations are also easily accessible. All you need to do is scroll through the different screens on the same window to view all the recipes that can be used.
In addition to crafting recipes that produce the item, Just Enough Items also shows the recipes where the item can be used. This makes it a lot easier for you to figure out whether the item you have in your inventory is of any use and worth keeping. Again, this function is so easy to access. There is no need to go through different menus or screens as all the recipes are already available in the same window. It is just a matter of moving to the next page to get to the next one.
The control keys needed to navigate through the mod are also quite basic. This is actually the reason why it stands out from all the other mods that deliver a similar function. Once you get a hang of these shortcut keys, you will be an expert on the mod within minutes of installing it.
One other function that Just Enough Items Mod delivers is the search feature. Chances are you probably have a multitude of items and resources stored in your inventory. Finding one specific element can be a tedious process. This becomes more difficult when you are using multiple mods. Some of the resources may look similar so it may take you a while to find what you need. With the search function, all you need to do is press Ctrl + F, the universal find key for most software and applications. The next step is to simply type the name of the element you are looking for and it will bring up the details you need such as the recipes and the mod that implements it. The search function even allows you to search using the mod name.
If you have ever struggled with getting recipes or other information about the items in your inventory, then you will certainly love having this mod around.
- (Minecraft Options -> Controls)
- Show Recipes: Hover over item + R
- Show Uses: Hover over item + U
- Toggle Item List Overlay: Control + O
- Show Recipes Click Item or type R
- Show Uses : Right-Click Item or type U
- Next/Previous page: Scroll Wheel
Open Config Menu: Click Wrench at bottom-right
Toggle Cheat mode: Control-Click Wrench at bottom-right
- Select Search Bar: Click or Control + F
- Clear Search: Right Click
- Previous Search: Up Arrow
- Search by Mod Name: Type @ in front of a word (like “@thaum”)
- Multiple terms work together (like “wand @thaum”)
- Next/Previous page: Scroll Wheel
- Show all Recipes: Click the recipe category’s name
- Move items into crafting area: Click the [+] button. Shift-Click to move multiple sets of items.
- Search by Tooltip Only: Type # in front of a word
- Search by OreDict name: Type $ in front of a word
- Search by Creative Tab: Type % in front of a word
- Multiple Searches: Separate terms with | characters, like “wrench|hammer”
With Cheat Mode Active:
- Get a full stack of Items: Click Item
- Get one Item: Right-Click Item
- Delete Item: Drop an Item into the Item List
With Item List Edit Mode Active:
- (These controls are shown in-game on the item tooltip)
- Hide Item: Control-Click Item
- Hide Items and Sub-Items: Control-Right-Click Item
- Hide all Items from a mod: Control-Shift-Click Item
No videos available
How to install Just Enough Items (JEI) Mod?
Follow STEP BY STEP to guide you how to install Just Enough Items (JEI) Mod in Minecraft.
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge. If not, please download Minecraft Forge API for your Minecraft version.
- Go to download section on the below and download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Open the “mods” folder in your Minecraft.
- On Windows – Press ⊞ Win+R and type %appdata%. Open the “.minecraft” folder to find the “mods” folder.
- On Mac – From your desktop press ⌘ Command+⇧ Shift+G and type ~/Library. Open the “Application Support” folder and then “.minecraft” to find the “mods” folder.
- On Linux – Press Ctrl+Alt+T to open the Terminal, then type xdg-open ~/.minecraft. You’ll see the “mods” folder in this directory.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.
- Play & Enjoy!
Download Just Enough Items (JEI) Mod