Supported minecraft versions1.7.10
Mariculture is a mod that aims to improve the oceans in Minecraft. It adds many more options to take advantage of including improved fishing, diving suits, watercraft and all around more realistic looking deep sea atmospheres.
The diving gear is the core to exploration in this mod. The main goal is exploring the oceans more than you normally would and what better way to explore than with proper gear. You can go the old school route with a diving suit and air pump or you can skip right over to the scuba gear and freely roam. Not only will you be able to see better but you’ll be able to swim much better, breathe and break blocks as you normally would on land.
Scuba tanks need to be filled using an Air Compressor, though. The Compressor will require battery power periodically and once the compressor is full, you can fill the tanks.
And with a new ocean life you’ll have expanded fishing capabilities. You can craft automatic fishers to catch for you and even set up breeding tanks. There is a book within this mod that tells you everything you need to know about fishing/breeding.
And one more neat feature with this mod is the speedboat. It allows for fast travel on water without the risk of breaking!
There’s so much added to the oceans with this mod it’s worth delving deeper with all the books included. If you want more to explore underwater then this mod is for you. You will need an additional API for this mod to work though; found here
How to install Mariculture Mod?
Follow STEP BY STEP to guide you how to install Mariculture Mod in Minecraft.
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge. If not, please download Minecraft Forge API for your Minecraft version.
- Go to download section on the below and download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Open the “mods” folder in your Minecraft.
- On Windows – Press ⊞ Win+R and type %appdata%. Open the “.minecraft” folder to find the “mods” folder.
- On Mac – From your desktop press ⌘ Command+⇧ Shift+G and type ~/Library. Open the “Application Support” folder and then “.minecraft” to find the “mods” folder.
- On Linux – Press Ctrl+Alt+T to open the Terminal, then type xdg-open ~/.minecraft. You’ll see the “mods” folder in this directory.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.
- Play & Enjoy!
Download Mariculture Mod