Supported minecraft versions1.7.10
The Helpful Villagers Mod is a great addition to the game to give you more out of your villages. Typically when you find a new village it may be a good starting point for your own city or you can utilize it for trade. But ultimately villages are pretty mundane in vanilla Minecraft. With this mod you can now give your villagers professions and skills in order to become self sustained.
The most important aspect in order to give your new citizens jobs is the Guild Hall. You’ll need it to unlock jobs to assign your villagers. All you need to do is add a frame to any building with a door in the village. Then put the appropriate tool in the frame that corresponds to a specific job; i.e. axe for lumberjack, hoe for farmer, etc. Do this for each profession and you’ll be in business.
Then when you right click a villager you’ll be able to assign any jobs you’ve unlocked. After that you’ll need to either stock the guild with tools for your now employed villagers or manually give them equipment.
Then once you’ve given out jobs and tools, your villagers will go to work. It may be slow going at first but eventually you’ll have people farming, fishing and mining for you.
And one important aspect to this mod is that each villager has their own inventory. This is not only good for them to collect items they drop but you can also store your own excess inventory with them and then have them follow you around!
How to install Helpful Villagers Mod?
Follow STEP BY STEP to guide you how to install Helpful Villagers Mod in Minecraft.
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge. If not, please download Minecraft Forge API for your Minecraft version.
- Go to download section on the below and download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Open the “mods” folder in your Minecraft.
- On Windows – Press ⊞ Win+R and type %appdata%. Open the “.minecraft” folder to find the “mods” folder.
- On Mac – From your desktop press ⌘ Command+⇧ Shift+G and type ~/Library. Open the “Application Support” folder and then “.minecraft” to find the “mods” folder.
- On Linux – Press Ctrl+Alt+T to open the Terminal, then type xdg-open ~/.minecraft. You’ll see the “mods” folder in this directory.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.
- Play & Enjoy!
Download Helpful Villagers Mod